Spring is here and so are bright lippies!
Pinks and corals will always be on trend for Spring and Summer, but if you want to be a little more daring this year, you’ve got to dip into orange and purple. Both colors are all over the runways and fashion magazines.
At first, these bright colored lipsticks might be intimidating, but if you choose the right shade (and don’t go full on night-time smoky eye during the day along with it) you should be fine.
Recently, I’ve had quite a few requests to share my top drugstore lipstick colors for spring. It was really hard to choose but I went with the colors I reach for the most. I tried to keep it under 10 but you know me, I love my lippies, so there are two “honorable mentions.” 🙂
Check out the swatches of these beautiful colors! Can you guess which is which?
If you’re interested in finding out my drugstore lipstick favorites for Spring and Summer 2014 be sure to check out my video:
Which color was your favorite? Should I do another video for my high-end lipsticks? Comment below.
P.S. My Urban Decay Electric Palette giveaway is still open so be sure to enter if you want to win!
Got the blues? I do.
Normally I avoid blue eyeshadow for fear of looking like a grandma stuck in the 80s. I recently have committed to finding ways to incorporate blues into my makeup routine because I believe all colors are wearable, if used correctly.
The biggest advice I have when wearing blue eyeshadow is to match it with a very neutral lip. Here I chose a nude/mauve color:
Want this look? Here are the products I used:
- Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener
- Covergirl eyeshadow quad | Urban Basics
- Maybelline Color Tattoo | Tenacious Teal
- Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pots | royal blue
- Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette | Prank
- Maybelline Line Stiletto eyeliner | blackest black
- NYX Gel liner | jet black
- NYX eyeliner | jet black
- L’Oreal Voluminious Mascara | black
- Covergirl Clump Crushers Mascara | black
- Maybelline the Rocket Mascara | black
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder | taupe
- NYX AUTO eyebrow pencil | dark brown
- Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation | medium beige
- Covergirl Trublend Fixstick Concealer | m 126.96.36.199
- L’Oreal True Match Concealer | n 1.2.3
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder | Silky Beige
- Physician’s Formula How-to Bronze
- Milani Baked Blush | Luminoso
- NARS | Albatross
- Urban Decay De-slick Makeup Setting Spray
- Giovanni Street Chic Premium Lip Balm | Peppermint Treat
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick | Sassy Mauve
How do you do the blues? Comment below.
CVS is now carrying NYX cosmetics!
I recently went to CVS to use up some cosmetic coupons as well as my extrabucks. I had a basket full and was headed for checkout when I bumped into this beauty:
Needless to say, I went a little crazy (I had a 25% off entire purchase CVS coupon so I felt it only made sense LOL).
Check out all the items I bought during my most recent CVS haul:
Have you found NYX at your local CVS yet?
Plum, lavender, violet, if it’s a shade of purple, chances are I’m obsessed with it.
Purple lipsticks and lip glosses are on trend so there are no shortages of options. The many shades of purple ensure that there is an option for everyone. Not everyone will feel comfortable rocking these shades, but if you’re someone that isn’t afraid of fuchsia, bright reds and shocking corals, chances are you’ll love this new color alternative!
These are my favorites:
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain | Darling
- Covergirl | Divine
- Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balm | Whimsical
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid | Brazen Berry
- Maybelline the Elixir | Raspberry Rhapsody
- Maybelline the Elixir | Vision in Violet
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick | Plum Velour
- Revlong Colorburst Matte Balm | Shameless
- NYX Lipstick | Pandora
What’s your favorite purple lipstick? Comment below.
You read correctly! Your local CVS Pharmacy is “cleaning house” by putting 100s of beauty and cosmetic items on clearance (50 – 75% off)! I spoke to an employee who said this is something that they do twice a year to make room for new product/resetting the department. According to her this should be going on in every store!
I decided to do further research and visited five CVS pharmacies in South Florida. Four out of the five had the clearance going on. It’s definitely worth checking out. Here’s the sign they place throughout the department:
Additionally, all eligible items will have a circular sticker with either 50% or 75% on it indicating the discount you can expect.
Here’s what I’ve picked up (so far!):
Happy shopping! 🙂