Sephora’s VIB sale wasn’t the only parasite on my bank account…
ULTA’s 21 Days of Beauty was three weeks of beauty product bliss. Each day there was a different product on sale, sometimes up to 50% off regular price. Additionally, several brands were offering really cool free gifts with purchase (varying $ amounts) and certain stores were hosting special events.
Needless to say, I couldn’t help myself. Here’s what I picked up:
What did you snag during ULTA’s 21 Days of Beauty? Comment below.
Shiny can be good.
Glitter, sequins, a clean car, all shiny things that are appealing.
Shiny can be good, but not on your face.
I’ve always been one to get oily and I’ve tried pretty much everything to help combat it. My latest attempt is trying Benefit’s the POREfessional Agent Zero Shine. It’s a powder that claims to reduce shine when applied under or over your makeup.
Here’s what it looks like:
It comes with it’s own brush, that tucks away neatly at the bottom of the container. The powder itself is a beige color, not exactly translucent but that wasn’t a concern since it matches my skin tone.
It retails for $30 and can be purchased from Sephora, Ulta and the Benefit website. Is it worth $30? Well, I decided to put the product to the test and show it in action.
Have you tried this product before? What did you think of it? Comment below.
The Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette has become a staple of mine. I’ve found so many ways to wear the colors from day to night.
Here’s my makeup look of the day:
Here’s everything I used to achieve it (mascara and eyeliners are missing from photo but are listed below):
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-crease Eye Shadow Primer
- Too Faced light beige shadow in Jingle all the Way palette
- Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette | Strike, Betrayal and Voodoo
- Maybelline Line Stiletto | Blackest Black
- Maybelline Masterprecise | Black
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen | Blackest Black
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner
- NYX Eyeliner pencil | Jet Black
- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder | Taupe/Ash
- Benefit the POREfessional
- Revlon Age Defying | Bare Buff
- Covergirl Trublend Fixstick Concealer | l 5.6.7
- Covergirl Trublend Fixstick Concealer | m 220.127.116.11
- Revlon Colorstay Undereye Concealer | Light/Medium
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder | Silky Beige
- Too Faced bronzer in Jingle all the Way palette
- Tarte Cheek Stain | Flush
- Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Luminizer | Star Dust
- Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray
- Giovanni Premium Lip Balm | Peppermint Treat
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick | Berry Couture
I just love the purple and gold combination and I think this look is especially perfect for Mardi Gras, without being over the top.
What do you think of the Vice 2 Palette?
I’ll openly admit that I usually prefer Sephora over Ulta, mainly because I had a run-in with some really unpleasant Ulta employees. Despite this, I decided to take a trip while I was in the area.
I was pleasantly surprised at all the great items I got on clearance as well as some other things I picked up.
Check out my entire Ulta beauty haul:
What did you buy the last time you went to Ulta? Comment below.
If you’re a woman over the age of 18, chances are you hate your pores. You’ve probably even tried a variety of cleansers, toners, creams, etc. that all promise to minimize the appearance of pores. You’ve probably also been disappointed.
Bad news is, once your pores are enlarged, there’s not much you can do to shrink them.
Good news is, there are products out there that can temporarily make your pores less visible… like Benefit’s POREfessional.
Check out my review, and side by side skin comparison:
Have you tried POREfessional? What did you think?